Sunday, September 30, 2007


Last Sunday was the first day of autumn. The mornings are now dark and cold when I leave for work. The leaves are falling and turning the ground into all shades of brown. Bright orange pumpkin patches have appeared on the empty lots in every little town. Dayssi, India and I visited one last week, and both the girls got to choose a pumpkin to take home.
We had our first rain last weekend too. It was welcomed with open arms to tie down the dust at the ranch for at least a day.
These two photos were taken a few weeks ago with me still in a skirt, feels like it's been forever since summer. Madeira and I have been doing some relaxing walks and rides on the trail and she is really doing well. It's been good to be back home for the last couple of weeks, all enthusiastic and inspired by the savvy conference. We have since been working on our Parelli level two riding tasks too (our on -line and liberty part have been ready for quite a while) and are about ready to take our test. Hoping the weather would still hold for next weekend and I could find someone to film it, to be send to the Parelli headquarters for an evaluation. I'm rather confident, that Madeira and I are there.
I have done some extra babysitting at nights and weekends and saved up enough to finally order my third level pack. I can't wait to start studying it. there is so much knowledge I just can't wait to pack my head with.

Beverly has offered Virpi to do her first level with Cruiser, since Steal is quite out of order. So She and Cruiser are playing now every weekend. Cruiser is a bit of a challenge. He is a very left brain introverted horse. But it seems like the two of them are getting along quite well.
Cruiser really didn't see the point to get up on the tire before he saw the carrot. Hmmm... how interesting.








Baby wanted on the tire too after seeing the big horses do it. I actually never asked her to get on. She totally offered it, and I took it. She is quite a devious little diva. I wish her and momma would get out more often, or could live in a bigger area. Seems, that now I'm the only one taking them out, and I only get there on the weekends. They should be weaned soon. Baby is now six and a half months, and she is totally running the "house hold." momma has practically lost the leadership in the stall while baby is pushing her around, and baby really hates it when I make her yield to pressure. She is innately a right brain extrovert and oh boy do I have experience with those sorts of horses. So she is quite fun for me, not even a little bit challenging, she is exactly like little Madeira, the way madeira used to be, only tiny, and I know all her tricks.

I put Travieso into the large arena today and he had fun running around silly and whinnying.

The vet came last weekend (in the rain) for our regular vaccinations and a check up. Both Madeira and Travieso were very brave and well behaved. I'm so proud of them. Yesterday I dewormed both, and they were so good at letting me squirt that icky stuff into their mouths, that I felt horribly bad after and just spoiled them with goodies.


Travieso's enormous boo-boo is nearly a memory now. There will most likely always be a scar to remind us of the scare, but he is happy and healthy and ready to rock.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!!!